Area9 Lyceum is committed to helping people reach their full potential. Our adaptive learning technology is grounded in scientific research and twenty-five years’ experience; serving over 30 million learners across hundreds of subject areas, gathering billions of data points.
Experience adaptive learning for yourself! Complete the form below to be instantly redirected to Area9 Rhapsode™ where you will have access to the Critical Thinking course from the Leadership Development Curriculum, developed in collaboration with Chart Learning Solutions.
In this course you will learn:
- Introduction to Critical Thinking: Understand the benefits of critical thinking, know the hazards of non-critical thinking, define critical thinking, evaluate three levels of thinkers, and apply 10 strategies for critical thinking
- Managing Deceptions and Fallacies: Know the influencers battling for control of your mind, avoid emotional and rational fallacies, identify traits and costs of the undisciplined mind, and become a fair-minded, disciplined thinker
- Persuasive Arguments: Know about arguments used by persuasive critical thinkers, apply the four stages of persuasive arguments, and implement steps for recognizing and evaluating persuasive arguments
- Checklists for Rational Decision-Making: Understand how rational decision-making improves the quality of life, know two types of decisions, identify qualities of rational decision-makers, apply a checklist for rational thinking using the standards of intellectual thinking, and a implement a checklist using the elements of reasoning
- Optimal Understanding - Explanations: Know the difference between arguments and explanations, apply four steps to optimal understanding through developing and evaluating explanations, and develop optimal understanding from organized inquiry
Interested in learning more about:
- Sharing this and other adaptive courses with your team...
- Additional language translation options for this and other courses...
- What Learning Management System (LMS) integration is available...